What is Hernia?
Hernia refers to an irregular opening anyplace in the body through which an organ or tissue can push through the surrounding muscle or any weak spot and bulges outward.
Hernias range widely in size, position on the body and levels of pain a patient might feel and require the best laparoscopic hernia surgery in Gurgaon.
Learn More About Hernia
What causes hernia?
The body consists of several open spaces and weak thin tissues or spots like around the navel area and around the groin area, the hernia may occur in these regions or other areas also because of
- Chronic cough
- Chronic constipation
- Old injuries or incisions from previous surgeries
- Weaknesses Caused after childbirth.
What are the symptoms of Hernia?
Some of the common symptoms of a hernia are
- The swelling in and around the abdominal wall
- Dull ache that increases towards the end of the day or after standing for extended periods of time.
What are the different types of hernia?
An inguinal hernia refers to a type that occurs on both or one side of the groin in a region called as the inguinal canal.
- The hernia can lead to an opening in the canal due to which the patient feels a bulge in the groin area.
- Because of the complexity of the groin and area the patients need to seek professional care.
- For treatment, we generally suggest a laparoscopic repair that involves placing a small mesh inside the wall above the opening.
What are the symptoms of inguinal hernia?
- Massy structure in the groin,
- Distress and dull pain.
What is a Femoral Hernia?
Femoral hernias are quite uncommon, though they can still occur in a majority of patients.
- Femoral hernias happen as a bulge in the crease of the groin
- Seeking a specific diagnosis with our team’s help will help to distinguish the type of a hernia.
Symptoms of a femoral hernia
- Lump in the groin region
- Discomfort and dull pain in groin
What is an umbilical hernia?
An umbilical hernia occurs when part of the intestine or Fat projects from the umbilical opening present in the abdominal muscles and requires umbilical hernia surgery
- Umbilical hernias occur more commonly in infants; adults can also suffer from this type of a hernia.
- In children, the umbilical hernia usually disappears about 1-2 years of age.
- Treatment options depend on the condition of the patient. If a hernia leads to extreme pain in a patient, then umbilical hernia surgery is the best option.
- Nevertheless, it is important to consult us for a specific professional opinion as we can identify the issue and determine the necessary treatment.
What are the symptoms?
- Discomfort and pain
- Lump in the belly button
What is an Incisional hernia?
Incisional hernia refers to a huge bulge occurring due to a previous surgical scar in the abdominal wall.
- It can occur due to weakness in the scar tissue.
- This is one of the most common types of a hernia occurring after an inguinal hernia.
What are the symptoms?
- A bulge which is painless and can be easily pushed back into the abdomen easily.
- The lump may become obvious while standing and goes on lying down.
- You are also likely to experience a burning sensation with a dull pain and discomfort.
- You might face difficulty in performing daily activities like getting up from the bed, walking and pulling any heavy object
What is epigastric hernia?
This usually occurs as a bulge happening above the navel and below the breastbone in the midline of the uppermost abdomen.
- These hernias are generally small.
- It is likely to have more than one epigastric hernia at a time.
- This type of hernia may confine the contents inside the sac, which is generally fat and leads to pain and tissue damage.
What are the symptoms?
The most common symptom is usually the presence of a lump, pain or discomfort
Why should Hernias be treated?
Treating Hernias are extremely important to avert the potentially serious complications such as restraint and strangulation, surgery is advised.
Is surgery the only treatment for Hernias?
- With children, the umbilical hernia tends to go away on its own in 1 or 2 years of age.
- Treatment ranges on the patient’s condition; however if left abandoned hernias can have serious life-threatening consequences.
What is the right method for treating Hernias?
- Hernias can be treated with the help of surgeries only.
- Most hernias aren’t instantly life-threatening, though they fail to go away on their own.
- There are two kinds of hernia repair surgery: Open or through Keyholes also known as Laparoscopic hernia surgery.
Treatment of a Hernia includes:
- An incision is made over the lump. The sac and its contents are lessened.
- The defect is sealed with a non-absorbable mesh.
- The skin is then sealed with the help of absorbable stitches.
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
Laparoscopic hernia surgery in gurgaon, which is also popularly known as minimally invasive surgery, is when the surgery is performed through a small cut or keyholes which are not more than about 1 to 1.5 cm in size.
How long does laparoscopic surgery or other surgical procedures typically take?
The duration of the surgery, whether general or laparoscopic, entirely depends on the type of process and the patient’s health condition.
What is the process for a laparoscopic hernia surgery?
After reviewing the patient’s medical history and the current state of the patient, Depending on how severe the condition is and the time, at which we see the patient, we will manage an examination.
In certain cases, the patient might have a separate doctor diagnose your condition and visit us for the treatment plan.
Given that information, we will then decide on the best treatment choice. We will then consider the process with the patient and schedule the surgery as early as possible.
When can one return home after this surgery?
- In several cases, the patient is able to return home within a span of 24 hours after the procedure.
- It depends on the patient’s condition, the time taken by the anaesthesia to wear off and the type of procedure.
- In other cases, such as in the situation of emergency, the patient may need to stay under examination at the hospital for a day or two.
Are there any risks involved with Laparoscopic surgery?
Like with any surgery, there are certain risks. Though, the risks and pain from not seeking surgery can be potentially more dangerous.
With our services, you are exploring surgical treatment from trained professionals who have years of experience and skills to carry out these procedures.
What is the right time to seek treatment?
The best time to get treatment is prior to the worsening of the symptoms. though, it can be tough for patients to pinpoint the accurate reason for the pain, particularly with hernias.
In several cases, patients need to wait for some time and allow the pain to increase so much that they end up in the hospital before even getting treatment.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery includes:
- Pain relief.
- Fast Recovery
- Very Minimal Recurrence
- Getting rid of the lump
- Prevention of future life-threatening condition like strangulation and/or obstruction
Why Choose Mirascare for Advanced Hernia Treatment?
- At Mirascare, for best treatment outcome using 3D Mesh Laparscopic Hernia Surgery for complicated and all types of Hernia Conditions.
- 3D Mesh is the technique that uses minimal incision and thus reducing the number of stitches while treating hernia.
- Very Minimal chances for recurrence of a hernia.
- Local anesthesia works well to reduce the chances of pain.
- Early discharge from the hospital.
- Faster recovery from Hernia
What is the cost of hernia surgery in Gurgaon Delhi NCR India?
In India, most of the hospital are equipped with state-of-the-art facility that provides the latest techniques for hernia repair. For hernia repair required a highly skilled surgeons who use the most up to date, specialized techniques.
At Mirascare, We are offering significantly affordable cost for hernia repair surgery in Gurugram Haryana India.The cost will differ in accordance with the procedure and the general state of the patient.We will consider all these factors while consulting and estimate the cost if needed. Hernia Treatment cost depends upon the surgeon’s experience, procedure opted and the hospital Location. Surgery cost will include ;
Hernia Surgery/treatment cost in Gurgaon Haryana ranges from 55,000 to 2.60 lakh.However, the cost of Hernia Treatment in India may depend upon various factors, which are mentioned below;
- Surgeon fee
- Patient Age
- Area of the body, where hernia to be treated
- The current medical condition of the patient
- Method of surgery planned to be performed; Open or Laparoscopic
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Hospital or surgical facility
- The admission room that you opted for
- Medical tests
- Anesthesia fees (general or local)
For International patient, the cost of Hernia surgery in India varies around to USD 850 to USD 3600, at the same hernia surgery in the US costs around USD 9500.
Consult to our specialist at Mirascare Clinic to determine the final cost.
Talk to our specialist at Mirascare Clinic at Gurgaon, Haryana to determine the final cost.
Note : Most of the health insurance policies cover hernia procedures, so confirm in advance.
Seek treatment today
To start the process, we help in identifying the type of a hernia with proper consultation and examination of the patient.Once we understand the situation, we then ascertain and administer the most efficient treatment method.
With various kinds of hernias and different levels of pain the patient experience, it is important to take professional treatment from our team as early as possible for laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair and much more.
Our team has the training and experience in the successful treatment of hernias for ruling out the best course of action and check a misdiagnosis that a patient may receive with general care.
With the immense knowledge in this domain along with the required skills and tools, we can greatly help patients obtain the care they need. For any further information on my services or for scheduling an appointment, feel free to call at +91 8882 521 281
Frequently asked questions ?
Being a General & Laparoscopic Surgeon, I realise that people considering surgery have questions on their mind, regardless of the type of procedure.
I am glad to answer any questions or address any queries that the patient may have.
Since laparoscopic surgery needs a specialist, I can share my knowledge and expertise to execute the procedure without issue.