Anal Fissures Treatment
What Are Anal Fissures?
- Anal fissures are small tears in the lining of the anus.
- The tears disrupt the skin of the anus and cause physical symptoms that typically will be noticed during or after a bowel movement.
- The cardinal sign of an anal fissure is pain that is at its worst during or immediately following a bowel movement.
- Bloody stool or the presence of blood on bathroom tissue may indicate that an anal tissue has been cut.
- Some anal fissures bleed without any accompanying pain, so it’s important that you seek professional medical treatment if you notice a tear, even if it’s not painful.
What Causes Anal Fissures?
- Trauma or injury to the anal canal may cause an anal fissure.
- Large stool, dry stool, constipation, or diarrhea may all tear delicate anal tissue.
- Anal fissures may also occur as a result of other medical conditions, such as Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease, or cancer.
Signs and Symptoms of Anal fissure
- One of the first indications of an anal fissure is a painful bowel movement.
- The bowel movement will not feel normal, as it may cause or irritate a pre-existing anal fissure.
- The pain may even last up to several hours after the bowel movement.
- Bright red blood, itching, raw skin, cracked skin, or skin tags on the anus can indicate the presence of an anal fissure.
How are fissures diagnosed?
- A physical exam that includes the inspection of anus will help diagnose an anal fissure.
- If the tear is visible, simple methods to aid in the healing of the wound can be prescribed.
- In cases that are more complex, your doctor may suspect that there is an underlying condition causing the fissures that needs to be addressed and treated.
- To help you gain more information about anal fissure treatment, here are answers to frequently asked questions about the condition. If you don’t find the answers to your questions
Will an anal fissure heal without medical treatment?
Many anal fissures heal without professional medical treatment, if they are minor. If an anal fissure lasts several days, it may transition into a chronic state that will make healing more difficult.
How can I treat an anal fissure at home?
- To assist the healing process of an anal fissure, you’ll want to make sure your stool is soft.
- Getting regular exercise, drinking plenty of fluids, eating fiber, and not straining during bowel movements are ways to aid healing. Certain topical creams may be applied, as well.
When should I see a doctor about a fissure?
You should see a surgeon about an anal fissure is you have symptoms that are not healing over time.
What is the best anal fissure treatment?
- If your anal fissures are chronic, a surgeon must determine their cause.
- There are non-surgical and surgical methods that treat anal fissures and the best one will be determined by doctor.
Is surgery necessary for chronic anal fissures?
- Non-surgical treatments and lifestyle changes often resolve anal fissures, but some patients with more complex cases may qualify for surgeries that promote proper healing.
- Surgery depends on the underlying cause of your anal fissures.
- Laser surgery is the new tool in the armamentarium of the new day surgeon
Laser treatment used in Anal Fissure
It is a day care procedure performed under anesthesia.
Laser energy is delivered by radial fiber directly in the sub mucosal plane and circular fibers of internal sphincter are ablated
The advantages of laser surgery are:
- No pain
- Can resume work at earliest
- Very Minimal bleeding.
- Time taken to complete procedure is only 10 to 15 minutes.
- Less post-operative discomfort to patient
- Faster recovery and short hospital stay
- No post-operative dressings required
What is the cost of anal fissure surgery in Gurgaon Delhi NCR?
The cost will differ in accordance with the procedure and the general condition of the patient.We will consider all these factors while consulting and estimate the cost if needed. Fissure surgery cost depends upon the surgeon’s experience, what kind of procedure opted and the hospital Location & Facilities. Surgery cost will include ;
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Surgeon's fee
- Medical & Diagnosis tests
- Anesthesia fees (general or local)
Anal fissures Laser treatment cost in Gurgaon Haryana ranges from 45,000 to 95 thousands. These cost varies based on daycare or hospital stay as above mentioned points. Talk to to our specialist at Mirascare Clinic Gurgaon Delhi ncr to determine the final cost.
Insurance for Fissure treatment
Mirascare Clinic works with number of health insurance providers for a smoother patient experience.
In most cases, Mirascare Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
We will help you in verifying medical coverage if you have any and help you to obtain any needed authorization prior to your procedure.
Note : Most of the health insurance policies cover piles/bawaseer procedures, so confirm in advance.