Gallbladder Stone Treatment/ Surgery
Best Gallbladder Specialist in Delhi NCR Gurgaon
What is Gallbladder?
The gallbladder is a small pear shaped organ present in your body that is located under the liver. It helps in storing bile that helps with digestion.
What are Gallstones?
Gallbladder stones also commonly known as Gallstones are the stones that are generally made of cholesterol deposition in the gallbladder.
Gallbladder stones are the hard deposits of elements in the bile and or cholesterol.
What are the different types of Gallstones?
Cholesterol stones :
These gallstones are composed of cholesterol and are usually yellow-green in colour. They're amongst the most common kind of stones in the gallbladder.
Pigment stones :
Pigment stones are smaller and darker in colour and are composed of bilirubin, that originates from bile.
What are the causes of Gallstones?
or Who are prone to developing Gallstones?
- 2-3 time more common in women than men
- Age of 40 plus
- Being overweight
- High Cholesterol level
- Fatty and oily diet
- History of Typhoid Fever
- Previous Major abdominal surgeries
What are the symptoms of gallstones?
Gallstones are usually asymptomatic. However, seeing a doctor is important if you have the following symptoms:
- Pain in the upper abdomen that radiates to the back
How are gallbladder stones diagnosed?
For determining whether you have stones in your gallbladder, your doctor may recommend an ultrasound which is to be done on an empty stomach.
An ultrasound is a reliable way to diagnose gallbladder stones.
When should I get treated for gallstones?
Latest medical research and evidence reveals that once gallstones are detected or diagnosed it is best to get it removed at the earliest since gallstones can cause various problems and complications.
Why does the surgeon remove the entire Gall Bladder for the treatment of Gallstones?
- The Gall bladder functions as a storage for bile (60-80ml) and aids in digestion. While Bile is produced by the liver in large quantities (more than 2 liters/day). So, removal of Gall bladder will not affect your digestion of food or daily routine activities.
- Gallstone formation is aided by the immobility of wall of the gall bladder. So, removal of just the gallstone will result in recurrence in gallstone formation as long as the gall bladder exists.
- The gall bladder gradually ceases to perform its intended function when it forms gallstones.
- Once gallstone developed in gallbladder, there is increase chance of developing inflammation of gallbladder, obstruction of common bile duct, infection and inflammation of liver, Pancreatitis and can even lead to gallbladder cancer.
Our Gallbladder Surgeon
What are the best Gallstone treatment options available?
For a safe gallbladder stone removal following procedures are usually performed at our centre.
Single Incision laparoscopic cholecystectomySingle Incision laparoscopic gallbladder Stone removal surgery or Single Incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy:
SILS is an advanced laparoscopic technique used for removing the gallbladder which is done with a single cut in the belly button/navel that is as tiny as 2 cm or less.
This is the most superior form of keyhole operation which requires separate training and good experience.
Advantage of SILS gallbladder removal:
- No visible scars as compared to open surgery or standard laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery.
- Lesser pain than open or standard laparoscopic surgery
4/3 Port laparoscopic Gallbladder stone surgery:
Laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder removal is the recommended Gold-Standard treatment for gallstones across the world.
Laparoscopic gallbladder stone surgery needs very little time for recovery and has a very low risk of infection as opposed to the traditional open surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon will typically make around three or four small incisions of size 0.3 to 1cm over the abdomen and then inflate the abdomen with gas.
Surgeon then inserts ports through which a camera device and operating tools can be inserted to perform the surgery within the abdomen.
3D Laparoscopic Surgery:
Using the latest technology, we can perform Laparoscopic surgery under real time 3D vision, this aids the surgeon to perform very precise surgical maneuvers and reduce chances of complications even under complicated and complex scenarios.
Open Gallbladder Surgery (Open Cholecystectomy Surgery):
Only performed in complicated and complex medical and surgical situations.
Open gallbladder stone removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, refers to a type of surgery that is done for removing the gallbladder with the help of making a large incision in the abdomen.
Open surgery results in a scar that measures between 10-20cm.
With open surgery, you will have to stay in the hospital for 3-5 days.
What are the Advantages of
laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery?
|Open Surgery||laparoscopic Surgery|
|Cut||Long Cuts (8cm to 10cm)||Very Small Cuts (less than 10mm)|
|Pain||Very High Pain||Very Minimal Pain|
|Chances of Infection||Yes||No|
|Hospital Stay||3 to 4 Days||1 Day Stay|
|Recovery Rate||3 to 4 Weeks||1 Week|
How long will I take to recover post laparoscopic gallbladder surgery?
- Early recovery. Patient will be able to walk around in their room, 2-3 hours after surgery is performed.
- In a few cases discharge can be recommended on the same day (Day care) or routinely discharged after 24-48 hours of admission.
- Oral intake can resume on the same day of surgery. Home cooked food can be consumed after discharge.
- Rest at home with normal daily routine for 1 week.
- Light / cardio exercises after 2 weeks
- 2-wheeler riding / Light Weight-lifting /swimming after 6 weeks.
What is the cost of Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery (cholecystectomy) in Gurgaon Delhi NCR?
The cost will differ in accordance with the procedure and the general state of the patient.We will consider all these factors while consulting and estimate the cost if needed. Gallbladder Treatment cost depends upon the surgeon’s experience, procedure opted and the hospital Location. Surgery cost will include ;
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Surgeon's fee
- Medical tests
- Anesthesia fees (general or local)
Gallbladder surgery or treatment cost in Delhi NCR ranges from 65,000 to 1.5 lakh. These cost varies based on daycare or hospital stay opted as above mentioned points. Talk to to our specialist at Mirascare Clinic Gurgaon Delhi ncr to determine the final cost.
Note : Most of the health insurance policies cover Gallbladde surgical procedures, so confirm in advance.
Why Choose MirasCare for Gallbladder Removal Surgery?
At Mirascare Clinic in Gurgaon & Delhi India, expertise in world class Minimally invasive Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery (cholecystectomy) techenques
Treating Gallstones are extremely important to avert potentially serious complications such as Pus formation,inflamation of gallbladder,inflamation of liver,Jaundic and potentially life threatning complication of pancreatitis.
- 24*7 dedicated laparoscopic Surgery Specialist Expert to clarify your doubts
- Dedicated Nursing Care
- Complete Privacy & Confidentiality
- COVID Safe Hospital
- Cashless Insurance Options
- State-of-the-art Operation Theatres
- No Waiting Time for Consultation
- Relatively Pain Free, Fast Recovery & Minimal Discomfort
- One Day Hospital Stay - Discharge in 24 hours
- Complete Recovery
- Post Care Follow up with Our Patient care coordinator