Hemorrhoid/ Piles or Bawasir Treatment
The piles when turns worse or extreme painful need to be treated with the best treatments. Out of every four, three people have developed piles at any duration in their lives. With advancement in medical science, pain-free surgical and non-surgical treatments have come up making it easy for both the patients and doctors to treat with Piles. Dr. Mir Asif holds proficient skills and experience in giving the best treatment for piles in India.
What are Hemorrhoids/Piles and its types?
The rectum is the end part of the large intestine that further ends up by attaching to the anus (opening at the end of the digestive tract from which bowel stools passes out of the body). Piles medically named as Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anus portion or lower rectum which causes pain and bleeding when the stool passes out. There are two types of Hemorrhoids/Piles which can be classified as internal piles and external piles.
Types of Hemorrhoids/Piles
Internal piles occur inside the lower rectum which eventually may protrude or prolapse out through the alimentary canal. Most prolapsed Hemorrhoids shrinks back and travel inside the rectum on their own. This type of piles can't be seen with naked eyes but they may infrequently or continuously cause uneasiness even while sitting.
During the bowel movement when straining happens it might harm the lump and can lead to bleeding while sometimes it can push internal hemorrhoid out through the anal opening. Internal piles can result in unbearable pain and uncontrollable irritation and in rare cases, these Hemorrhoids/Piles may protrude permanently inside the rectum and require medical treatment.
|Grade I Piles||Piles are in internal canal. There is no protrusion||Bleeding||Grade I piles can be treated by medicines & ointments.|
|Grade II Piles||Piles are in internal canal and it usually slid down with every bowel movement||Irritation and bleeding may occur||Grade II piles can be treated by medicines & ointments.|
|Grade III Piles||The hemorrhoid may protrude past the anal verge. Stage III piles requires the patient to push them inside manually.||Increased irritation, bleeding. And protrusion of mass during defecation||Surgery|
|Grade IV Piles||The internal hemorrhoid is always protruded or prolapsed and is at risk for thrombosis and can’t be pushed back.||Itching, bleeding and pain may occur||Surgery|
This type of piles is formed under the skin around the anus that causes extreme itchiness and bleeding while passing the stools. At times, this blood can be collected which later on form a clot/thrombus near the areas of the opening of the alimentary canal causing severe pain, swelling and inflammation. Clotted piles usually do not form serious issues as if the pain caused by these are unbearable, the blood clot can be removed with surgical treatments to relieve the symptoms.
The most common symptom with internal Hemorrhoids/Piles condition is drops of bright red blood appears when comes on the stool with the bowel movement. Prolapsed Hemorrhoids/Piles usually cause extreme pain, discomfort, and anal itching during excretion whereas piles that are not prolapsed are not usually painful.
The symptoms such as itching and irritation may occur with excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus and may get worse after times. These symptoms may go away after a few days while in some people may never have symptoms but suffer from piles. In conditions, the symptoms are getting worse, rush towards proper treatments.
Hemorrhoids/Piles are caused because of swelling in the anal or rectal veins, which could be caused because of the following reasons :
- Genetical factor
- Weight gain or overweight
- Insufficient fiber in the diet plan
- Prolonged sitting on a toilet seat
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea
- Insufficient intake of water
- Heavyweight lifting
- Lack of exercise
- Straining around the anal area
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Weak connective tissues in the rectum and anal
- Consulting the patient’s medical history as patients suffering from constipation are at more risk to obtain piles
- The doctors do the diagnosis by carrying physical examination of rectum and anal.
- Techniques such as Anoscopy or colonoscopy can be used for diagnosis.
- Avoid sitting for long periods especially on toilet seats
- Eating food containing high-fiber: oranges, oatmeal, Lentils, and Broccoli.
- Exercise daily in order to prevent constipation.
- Drinking around 7 to 8 glass of water in a complete day.
Piles of grade-1 and grade-1 can be treated effectively with the use of medicines. Dr. Mir Asif Rehman, one-of-the best doctor of Gurgaon provides the best treatment options for piles starting with a change in diet plan. In case the piles are diagnosed at an early stage, the treatment can be carried out with medications or normal diet change.
Dr. Mir Asif focusses on the addition of fiber-rich food items in the diet and consuming adequate fluid in a complete day. In case these modifications in the diet of the patient do not eliminate symptoms, then he goes with medical therapy which includes ointments and creams. The recommendation with the treatment includes avoiding intake of any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and spicy or fatty foods.
For treating internal piles, stapler surgery is effective which involves the blockage of blood flow towards the hemorrhoidal tissue and carried under proper anesthesia. This treatment is not used much because of its complication procedure.
Dr. Mir Asif provides Laser Hemorrhoid Ablation and Laser Hemorrhoidoplasty, which are the advanced surgical techniques meant for treating hemorrhoidal/piles treatment. These are performed for Hemorrhoids/Piles of grade II and III that have not come on the stage of complication.
Advantages of the treatment:
- Minimum invasiveness
- Postoperative course is painless
- No incisions, therefore, no wounds and no bleeding;
- No complications
- The person can return to his daily routine after a very short time.
Patients who are diagnosed with grade II and III of hemorrhoidal disease require immediate treatment from best pile treating doctor. These grades of piles could be characterized by some of the symptoms such as perianal blood stains along with stool or on toilet paper, eczema, itching, occasional pain with intermittent prolapse.
The laser procedure is carried under anesthesia using minimal incisions near the anal (2-3 mm in diameter) LHP is performed by using NeoV laser where its fiber optical thread produces a radial laser beam towards the target tissue. These beams cause a fibrous reaction in the inner cells of hemorrhoidal vessels and inside the connective tissues of the rectum and anal.
This procedure lessens all symptoms and discomforts (pain, bleeding) that are caused due to Hemorrhoids/Piles
As this treatment for piles includes minimal invasiveness and minimal postoperative pain, so it takes couples of days for the patient to retain his normal lifestyle.
- What preventive measures are to be followed by the patient after surgery?
- The doctor will prescribe a painkiller to ease the discomfort after Hemorrhoid surgery. The recovery after the surgery takes 4-5 days and with the following points, it can be done within less time:
- Sitz bath: Soaking the anal area in a few inches of warm water several times a day
- Using a stool softener to avoid straining during bowel movements.
- Add a fiber-rich food in the diet plan
- Focus on weight loss.
- Adopting a regular exercise program
- Drink around 8-10 glasses of water in a day keeping yourself hydrated.
- Avoid any kind of activities that involve heavy lifting or pulling.
- Usually, no dressings are required.