Lipomas Treatment in Gurgaon, A lipoma refers to a slow-growing, lump made up of fat that is most commonly situated between your skin and the underlying layer of muscles.
A lipoma normally feels soft and bulgy and is not painful, it flows readily with a slight touch of the finger or upon applying pressure
Lipoma can happen at any age but are more common in middle age.
Some people can have more than a single lipoma
A lipoma is not a sign of cancer and is normally harmless.
The reasons for lipoma formation are not quite understood, however, they tend to be hereditary.
Several factors may enhance your chances of developing a lipoma, which includes :
•Age: Lipomas normally can happen at any age, however, they’re most common between the age group of 40- 60 years.
• Genetics: Lipoma usually runs in families
Lipoma can happen at any place in the body. They are usually:
• Normally small. Lipomas are usually smaller than 5 centimetres in diameter, however, they can grow.
• Seldom painful. Lipomas can only be painful when they grow and press on nearing nerves or if they contain various blood vessels.
A lipoma is infrequently a serious medical condition.
However if you see a lump or swelling occurring your body, have it checked by us.
For diagnosing a lipoma.
• A physical examination is required.
• A tissue sample also known as the biopsy is needed.
• Sometimes an MRI or CT scan might be needed if the lipoma is too large, has unique features or looks to be deeper.
There’s a very slight chance that a lump matching a lipoma can actually be a type of cancer called Liposarcoma.
Lipoma Treatment in Gurgaon, Lipoma treatment is generally not needed.
However, if the lipoma irritates you, is growing, or pains it might need removal by lipoma removal surgery in Gurgaon.
Most lipomas can be surgically removed by cutting out.
Recurrences are quite uncommon after removal.
Possible side effects of this treatment are bruising and scarring.